West Oakland Health offers medical services that focus on women’s health, including family planning, healthy pregnancy, annual wellness examinations, and staying healthy after giving birth. Breast and cervical cancer screenings are also available. Women’s health services are provided by West Oakland Health’s experienced gynecologists, nurse practitioners, and nurse midwives.
Family Planning Services
- Contraceptive and Reproductive Health Services, including Patient Education and Counseling
- Breast and Cervical Cancer Screening
- Sexually Transmitted Infection (STI),
- Human Immunodeficiency Virus (HIV), Education, Counseling & Testing
- Drop-In Pregnancy Testing
Car Seat Safety & Education
- Car Seat Check-ups
- Car Seat Distribution Events
Black Infant Health Groups
Alameda County Maternal Child Health
Breast Friends Mommy Group
- Check-ups once a month or more often, the whole time you are pregnant.
- Tests to check your health and your baby’s health, such as urine, blood or ultrasound.
- Help finding resources for you, like WIC or Behavioral Health Services.
We can give you:
- Information on pregnancy, birth, breastfeeding, and baby care. Help with how to eat healthy foods.
- Help with how to quit smoking, drinking, or using drugs
- Help with talking about your family issues and needs.
Our staff includes:
- Medical Doctors (Physicians)
- Certified Nurse Practitioners
- Patient Care Coordinator
- Lactation Counselor
- Adult & Children Dental Services
- WIC/ Nutrition Services