Please submit a cover letter with your resume.
Provides EPSDT (Early and Periodic Screening, Diagnostic, and Treatment) school-based mental health services, including crisis intervention and case management services to qualified children primarily at MLK Elementary School (as well as other schools in the area).
1. Possession of a Master’s Degree in a Social Work, Professional Clinical Counseling or Marriage and Family Therapy accredited school/program.
2. Registered as an ASW/AMFT/APCC or possession of a State of California License as an LCSW/LMFT/LPCC/PsyD.
Unlicensed applicants must present a verifiable registration number issued by the California Board of Behavioral Science of their eligibility as an Associate Clinical Social Worker (ASW), Associate Marriage and Family Therapist (AMFT), or Associate Professional Clinical Counselor.
3. Knowledge of principles and practices of modern psychosocial assessment, psychotherapy and DSM-5.
4. Knowledge of principles and techniques of mental health education and mental illness prevention.
5. Basic computer skills (i.e. familiarity with Microsoft Word, Excel, etc.) and ability to navigate the internet.
6. Must possess a valid California Drivers license, maintain person auto/liability insurance and qualify for the Council’s automobile insurance.
7. Applicant must successfully pass fingerprinting clearance from the Department of Justice within the first 30 days of employment.
1. Familiarity with the Oakland Unified School District.
2. Experience working in a multi-disciplinary setting.
3. Familiarity with Alameda County Behavioral Health Services documentation and billing.
4. Experience with EHR; OCHIN EPIC a plus.
EXAMPLE OF DUTIES:
1. Provides individual and group therapy in the school milieu; may provide services in the home, field or office if indicated and appropriate.
2. Provides case management services in support of the child’s school success.
3. Provides psycho-social assessments.
4. Provides and updates individual service plans that include measurable objectives based on assessment findings.
5. Develops effective therapeutic relationships with clients.
6. Brokers services that will enhance client support from other service providers and agencies.
7. May participate in school-based conferences.
8. Develops effective working relationships with school personnel and families of identified children.
9. Maintains case records and histories in accordance with department standards; prepares reports and correspondence as required.
10. May perform other duties that are related to the above and which fall within the scope of the Psychiatric Social Worker classification.
1. Attends work regularly and punctually (M-F, 8am-5pm); is readily accessible during work hours to peers; limits absences from own duty stations and limits visits and activities which distract other from their performance of duties.
2. Works cooperatively with immediate supervisor, department members and with other staff persons, as required.
3. Treats all patients/clients/visitors with respect and courtesy.
4. Remains competent in skills required for position.
5. During the initial 30 days of employment, and for the continued tenure of employment, becomes and remains knowledgeable about and in compliance with agency and department policies and procedures in the following areas:
a. Confidentiality of patient/client/fellow employee and supplier records.
b. Patients’ rights and responsibilities.
c. Professional and business ethics.
d. Continuous quality and improvement.
e. Safety and security of person and property.
f. Infection control.
g. Hazardous materials and waste.
h. Life safety and emergency preparedness.
6. Provides care appropriate to the age of the patients/clients/visitors served.
7. Ability to work and interact satisfactorily with a workforce and public which is ethnically and culturally diverse.
8. Responsible for performing other assigned duties which are related to the above and which fall within the scope of this job description.
Job Type: Full-time
*Please note this is a union position. The salary for an unlicensed person is $29.13/hr and for a licensed person is $35.37/hr.