|REPORTS TO:||Chief Dental Officer|
|SALARY:||Salary Determined by Experience|
|DEFINITION:||Under the general supervision of the Director of Oral Health, the Employee will provide dental care for patients by diagnosing and treating Dental diseases,|
|Certification or associate degree in an accredited dental assisting program.|
|Dental x-ray certification. Sealant Certificate, Coronal Polishing Certificate|
|High school diploma or equivalent.|
Dental Assistant Responsibilities:
- Preparing patients for dental work.
- Helping with infection control by sterilizing and disinfecting instruments, setting up instrument trays, preparing materials, and assisting with dental procedures.
- Assisting dentists in managing medical and dental emergencies when necessary.
- Assisting dental hygienists with procedures when necessary.
- Providing great patient care.
- Recording treatment information in patient records.
- Exposing dental x-rays from dental diagnostics and caring for dental x-ray equipment.
- Giving patients information on dental hygiene, oral health care, and plaque control programs.
- Collecting and recording medical and dental histories and patient vital signs.
- Providing postoperative instructions as directed by the dentist.
- Caring for dental equipment.
- Forming preliminary impressions for study casts and occlusal registrations for mounting study casts.
- Ordering dental supplies and maintaining dental equipment inventory.
- Fabricating temporary restorations and custom impressions from preliminary impressions.
- Ability to perform Vitals, Glucose testing and COVID nasal testing ( with appropriate training)
WEST OAKLAND HEALTH CENTER700 ADELINE STREET, OAKLAND, CA 94607510-835-9610
CLOSING DATE:UNTIL FILLED.
ONLY ORIGINAL APPLICATIONS ARE ACCEPTED.
W.O.H.C. IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER.
|Attends work regularly and punctually; is readily accessible during work hours to peers; limits absences from own duty stations and limits visits and activities which distract others from their performance of duties.|
|Works cooperatively with immediate supervisor, with department members, and with other Council staff persons, as required|
|Treats all patients / clients / visitors with respect and courtesy.|
|Remains competent in skills required for position.|
|During the initial thirty (30) days of employment, becomes and remains knowledgeable about and in compliance with the Council’s and Department policies and procedures in the following areas:Confidentiality of patient / client / fellow employee and supplier recordsPatient’s rights and responsibilities.Professional and business ethics.Continuous quality and improvement.Safety and security of person and property.Infection control. And current clinical workflowsWith our goals to meet current Joint Commission, CDC, OSAP GuidanceHazardous materials and waste.Life safety and emergency preparedness.|
|Maintains a working knowledge about and in continued compliance with all of those areas listed under item (5) throughout your employment with the Council.|
|Provides care appropriate to the age of the patients / clients / visitors served.|
|As a condition of employment, a physical examination and drug-free status is required.|
|Is able to work and/or interact satisfactorily with a workforce and public that is ethnically and culturally diverse.|
|Is responsible for performing other assigned duties that are related to the above and which fall within the scope of this job description.|
Must be able to travel between dental sites
And any other duties requests requested by the dental supervisor or CDO
Willingness to do patient outreach projects.
Work occasional on Saturday’s