“Of all forms of inequality, injustice in health is the most shocking and inhuman”
–Dr. Martin Luther King Jr.
…is true because it may lead to death which is the worst possible outcome.
In California, the pandemic has had a devastating impact on the African American community through:
1. Misinformation which enhances fear
2. Underlying medical conditions caused by inequality which make people more susceptible to illness caused by Covid 19
3. Inability to work from home
4. Inability to social distance
5. Further reduction in access to care because the California healthcare system is near maximum or exceeded its capacity
Adrian James, M.D.